The Evangelical United Methodist Church is an historic congregation serving the Lord and the greater New Holland, Pennsylania area since 1858. Our church began as a congegation in the United Brethren tradition which merged in 1946 with the Evangelical Church to form the Evangelical United Brethren Church.
In 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged with the Methodist Church to form the denomination known as the United Methodist Church. We are a vital part of the Eastern Pennyslvania Conference of the United Methodist Church - the Southwest District. We are linked in ministry and mission with 81 other United Methodist churches in Lancaster County and 503 United Methodist churches in the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference. Nationwide, there are over 35,000 churches and a membership of 8.5 million.
In 1860, the first sanctuary was built at the intersection of Diller Avenue and West Main Street (Route 23). In 1900 the church edifice was enlarged - and further enlarged in 1922 as the church and community grew. In 1957 as the church family continued to grow, the education wing of the church campus was built. The church now owns and operates a cemetery which has served the New Holland area for many decades.
In 2001, the church voted to begin an ambitious $1,000,000.00 capital fund renovation project so the church and the church-owned parsonage could be better prepared to serve our Lord for ministry and mission in the 21st century. An elevator was added to make our facility handicap accessible so all of God's people could attend worship services. Air conditioning and an upgraded heating system were added. New ceilings, wiring and lighting, doors, carpeting, and a modern updated kitchen finished the project.
In the Fall of 2006 - The Board of Trustees replaced all the windows (88) in the Education Building with new energy efficiency windows.
In 2006 - Brand new round tables were purchased to provide a cozy and intimate space for the 8:30 a.m. service and fellowship meals. It also provides a wonderful place for our new Cornerstone Coffeehouse ministry.
In 2006 - We installed Multi-Media equipment and screens to help facilitate Worship at both the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a..m.
In the Fall of 2009 - the steps leading from the parking lot to the downstairs fellowship hall were enclosed with a beautiful addition. It has provided a safer and attractive entrance to this area of our church.
The Board of Trustees had been hard at work to provide an appropriate setting for minsitry and mission in the 21st Century.
The Evanglical United Methodist church is Christ-centered and Biblically-rooted.